This tutorial will show you how to use the Glideshow feature of Express in order to create a blog post.
- Scroll down in your page and click on the last + icon that you see to add more content.
- Select the Glideshow option from this menu.
A Glideshow is essentially a way to create a large background image, and add text, video, and photos over top of it.
- On the right-hand side, either click on Upload photo to upload your own picture, or Find photo to search for one.
- Once you’ve uploaded a photo or found one in the search, select your photo to add it into your Glideshow.
- When you’ve added the photo that you’d like as your background, click on Save in the top right corner of the screen.
You can always edit these later.
- Click on the + to begin adding your content.
- To add a title, click on the Text option.
- Type a title for your post.
NOTE: Your title should be attention-grabbing, and unique to your post.
- Highlight your title, and click on H1 to turn your title into a Header.
You may also want to center your text. Do this by using the Center Justify button toward the right of that menu.
Now that you have a title, you are ready to start adding the body text of your post, as well as any pictures or videos you have.
- Click on the next + icon, underneath your title text.
- Click on Text again, to add more text.
- Write your post. Or, if you’ve already written your post in another program like Microsoft Word, you can copy and paste your text directly into here.
You can adjust the style and justification as you see fit.
- Adjust where you want your text to appear over your photo background by clicking and dragging the box around, and place it on the left, center, or right of your Glideshow.
- If you ever want to preview what your post and your entire page looks like, if you move up to the top of your screen and click on Preview, it will show you how your page will appear to everyone else.
- To exit the preview mode, click on the grey X in the top right corner of the page.