Basic Podcasting Assignment
A podcast can be an easy way to introduce students to communicating in a less conventional way, typically coinciding with or replacing short essays, personal experiences or research papers.
A good podcast communicates a message effectively and creatively. Use this guide to create a custom podcasting assignment for your class.
- sound effects: help visualize what’s being described
- intro music: sets the tone of the podcast
- narration: spoken part of the podcast
- interview: first hand opinions or expertise
- ambient noise: gives sense of location
- 2-5 minutes in length
- 1-2 weeks to complete
- submissions posted to OneDrive
- for best results, require all ingredients