This tutorial covers uploading a video file to YouTube.
- Go to youtube.com and click Sign In in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- If you already have a Google/Gmail/YouTube account, sign in with your username and password.
If not click Create an account and sign up for an account and follow these steps.
- Click the Create icon.
- Choose Upload video from the drop down menu.
- Drag your video to the Upload area or click Select File to browse for your video.
Your video will start uploading and processing.
- You can change the Title and add a Description while this is happening.
- Click Next when finished.
- Set the privacy of your video in the Visibility area:
- Public videos will be viewable by anyone, show up in YouTube search results and suggestions and can be linked to/embedded by anyone.
- Unlisted videos can only be viewed by those with the link and will not show up in searches or suggestions – but they can be embedded.
- Private videos will only be viewable by those logged into your YouTube account.
- When you are finished with all of the settings, click Publish.
YouTube can sometimes take a few minutes to render all resolutions of your upload, so check back if the quality is lower than the original file.